- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced small red potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 (12-inch) frozen pizza shell
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onions, sauteed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives, optional
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place the potato slices in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until tender. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels. (Potatoes MUST be dry otherwise they will wet the pizza shell.)
Place the pizza shell onto the greased baking sheet and cover lightly with tomato sauce. Arrange the potatoes uniformly around the pizza and sprinkle with sauteed onions, chopped basil, rosemary, cheese, crushed red pepper and kalamata olives. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine