Route 66 Burgers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 leanness)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices Cheddar, cut into 8 squares
- 8 dinner-size potato rolls
Heat canola oil in a saute pan and cook onions over medium heat until they caramelize.
Heat grill. Form ground beef into 8 (2-inch) patties. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and grill burgers until medium rare, remove to a platter and top with cheddar cheese slices to allow melting.
Use a 2-inch circle cutter (or biscuit cutter) to cut the potato rolls into circles. Place burgers in rolls and top burgers with caramelized onion.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Scott Conant
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray