Bowties with Pancetta, Grilled Salmon and Artichokes, and Mixed Greens with Russian-Peppercorn Dressing
- 1 pound bowtie (farfalle) pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 reserved grilled salmon steaks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup quartered oil-packed artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup Russian dressing
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook 3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Stir in broth, salmon and artichokes and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Stir mixture into bowties. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Arrange salad greens on a serving platter. Combine Russian dressing and peppercorns and pour over greens. Serve pasta with salad on the side.