Chicken Curry with Chickpeas
- 3 cups quick-cooking rice
- 2 roasted chicken breast halves, about 1 pound
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 cup reserved roasted vegetables from Roasted Vegetable Stew
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
Prepare quick-cooking rice according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of cooked rice for later in the week.
Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces. Transfer chicken to a medium saucepan. Add chick peas, reserved roasted vegetables, yogurt, curry powder, and cumin and mix well to combine. Set pan over medium-low heat and cook 3 to 5 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Serve alongside rice.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray