- 2 acorn squash, cut in 1/2 and seeded
- 1/3 cup lowfat sour cream or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled dry-roasted sunflower seeds
Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, remove the flesh from the squash and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cumin, and garlic powder and mash together with a fork until blended and smooth, adding more sour cream, as necessary, to create a nice consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the squash onto plates and top with sunflower seeds just before serving.