Tropical Fruit-Glazed Ham with Sweet Onions and Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 medium-size Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 Vidalia or red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 (8-ounce) can tropical fruit salad in passion fruit nectar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thick-cut deli ham
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Set over high heat, bring to a boil, and boil until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the fruit along with the juice from the can, the brown sugar, soy sauce, and pepper, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the liquid thickens and reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the ham slices and potatoes and simmer for 2 minutes to heat through. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.