Tropical Fruit-Glazed Ham with Sweet Onions and Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 medium-size Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 Vidalia or red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 (8-ounce) can tropical fruit salad in passion fruit nectar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thick-cut deli ham
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Set over high heat, bring to a boil, and boil until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the fruit along with the juice from the can, the brown sugar, soy sauce, and pepper, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the liquid thickens and reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the ham slices and potatoes and simmer for 2 minutes to heat through. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Croque Monsieurs a la Rachelle My take on French grilled cheese and ham sammys, Ham and Egg Tea Sandwiches, Emeril's of Orlando's Capicolla Ham and Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Pizza, Easy Mexican, Pork Loin Recipes, Sweet and Sour Pork Recipes, Meat Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Pork Chop Recipes