Salt and Pepper Shrimp
- Sesame Plum Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 pounds 16/20 shrimp, shell on, deveined
- 2 ounces rice cooking wine (recommended: Michu)
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground Szechwan peppercorns, toasted
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5-spice powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
DirectionsSesame Plum Dipping Sauce:
Combine all ingredients sesame plum dipping sauce and mix well.Shrimp:
Combine all ingredients sesame plum dipping sauce and mix well.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper. Stir-fry briefly and add the shrimp. Deglaze the wok with the wine. When the wine is almost evaporated and the shrimp are nearly cooked through, add the salt, black pepper, Szechwan pepper, 5-spice powder, and sugar and stir-fry rapidly, taking care not to burn the spices. Remove from the heat immediately and serve with sesame plum dipping sauce.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chino Latino