Crispy Corn Fritters with Tomato Salad
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) box corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
- 1 (8-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
In a medium bowl combine the corn muffin mix, creamed corn, egg and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Mix until well combined. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, spoon a heaping tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil. Cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
In a medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the pesto, with 1/2 cup shredded cheese, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Put a tablespoon of the pesto and cheese onto each of the corn fritters and top each with a tomato half. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.