Spice-Rubbed American Bison Tenderloin
- 1 whole chipotle pepper in adobo, seeded or 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotles
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 teaspoons red chile powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 (8-ounce) bison tenderloin fillets
Combine spices and set aside. Heat grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Place spice on a pie pan or large flat plate and dip both sides of each steak into mixture and shake off excess. Place steak on grill or grill pan and lower heat if using a grill pan or the spices will burn. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes each side. Remove from grill and let rest a couple of minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.