Steamed Clams with Salsa Verde
- 1/4 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cockles or Manila clams, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup clam juice or fish stock
- Crusty bread points, grilled, optional
In a large blender place the red onion, jalapenos, and lime juice start to puree by pulsing the mixture for 30 seconds to a 1 minute.
Heat a large saute pan on high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, when the oil begins to smoke add the sliced garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds until the garlic slices are brown but not burned. Add the clams and cook for 2 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine and clam juice, cover the pan and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove the lid and add the pureed salsa verde mixture stirring constantly in order to combine the clams, their cooking liquid, and the salsa verde thoroughly. Cook for 3 more minutes, season with salt and pepper and serve with grilled bread points.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Sanchez
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Steamed Wild Striped Bass with Yellow Pepper Romesco, Red Pepper-Black Olive Relish and Parsley-Garlic Oil
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay