Thai Spiced Mussel Soup with Leeks and Carrot Spaghetti
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 long slices of galangal or 4 of ginger
- 2 fresh serrano chiles or fresh Thai bird chilies, de-stemmed, sliced
- 4 stalks lemon grass, white part sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons 3-Crab fish sauce
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound Prince Edward Island Mussels, cleaned and prepped
- 2 large leeks, white part julienned
- 1 carrot, spaghetti-cut, or fine julienne
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Canola oil to cook
In a hot wok coated with oil saute onions until caramelized. Add galangal, chilies, lemon grass and leaves. Deglaze with fish sauce. Add chicken stock and slowly simmer to a 20 percent reduction. Strain and keep hot. Check for seasoning. In a very hot wok coated with oil stir fry mussels until they start to open. Add leeks and carrots. Season. Check again for flavor. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.