- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 clams, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups fish stock (may substitute chicken stock)
- 12 sea scallops
- 28 mussels, washed and debearded
- 12 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound or 2 cups fresh squid, cleaned and cut
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 ounces cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs (parsley, basil, thyme)
In hot pan, heat oil. Add clams, garlic and shallots and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, white wine, and fish stock and cook until clams open. Add sea scallops, mussels, shrimp, and marinara. Cook 3 minutes. Add squid and cover and cook just until mussels and clams open. Discard any unopened mussels or clams.
Bring 6 quarts salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair approximately 6 or 7 minutes until al dente. Drain well and place into 4 hot bowls.
Arrange seafood around plate. Add butter and herbs to sauce. Stir until butter is melted. Spoon over pasta and garnish with fresh thyme.