- 1 (12-inch) deep-dish stoneground cornmeal pizza crust
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces fontina, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons julienned basil
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Fit the crust into a 12-inch pie plate. Evenly spread the mozzarella, fontina, and onions over the crust. Top with a single layer of tomatoes, and then sprinkle with olives, capers and red pepper. Bake the pizza until the crust is brown and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven. Scatter basil over the top, cut it into wedges and serve.