Indulge your guests with this savory appetizer of grilled spicy flank steak and lemon-infused horseradish cream. Serve it atop Town House® Original crackers for a buttery hot bite.
- 1 2 to 2 1/2-pound beef flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
Horseradish Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel (peel from 1 lemon)
- Kosher salt (optional)
- 60 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In small bowl stir together olive oil, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Rub on both sides of steak. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat grill. Grill steak directly over medium heat for 12 to 17 minutes or until medium-rare (145 degrees F), turning once. Transfer to plate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
4. Remove steak from refrigerator. On cutting board, crosswise slice steak into 1/4-inch-thick slices. (Cut across the muscle grain not parallel to it.) Cut each slice into 1 1/2- to 2-inch-long pieces.
5. Spoon horseradish cream sauce into plastic food storage bag. Snip off small corner of bag. Pipe small amount of sauce onto each KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Original cracker. Top each with piece of steak. Pipe remaining sauce on top of steak pieces. Sprinkle with chives.
*NOTE: If desired, omit the steak. Substitute 2 pounds of deli roast beef, sliced 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick. Cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces.