1. Carrots with Spiced Yogurt Toss 8 bunches (2 1/2 pounds, trimmed) baby carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 sliced shallots, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, and salt and pepper. Roast at 425 degrees F, 20 minutes. Stir 1/4 cup Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon each honey and olive oil; season with cayenne and salt. Drizzle over the carrots.
2. Carrots with Walnuts Cook 8 bunches (2 1/2 pounds, trimmed) baby carrots in boiling salted water until tender, 8 minutes; drain. Saute in 2 tablespoons butter with a 3.5-ounce jar walnuts in syrup over medium-high heat. Add a splash of cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
3. Sweet-and-Sour Carrots Saute 1 chopped onion in 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat, 5 minutes. Add 3 pounds chopped rainbow carrots and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook 8 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons each raisins, honey and cider vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with capers.
4. Southwestern Rainbow Carrots Halve 3 pounds rainbow carrots lengthwise; toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder. Roast at 425 degrees F, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
5. Carrots and Pearl Onions Quarter 2 pounds carrots lengthwise and peel 2 cups pearl onions; saute in 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat, 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover; add 2 tablespoons each brown sugar and cider vinegar and boil until syrupy, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
6. Haricots Verts with Dates Cook 4 ounces diced pancetta in a skillet until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon. Add 2 pounds haricots verts to the skillet and saute over medium-high heat, 10 minutes. Stir in the pancetta and 1/2 cup sliced dates; season with salt and pepper.
7. Green Beans with Cranberries Toss 2 pounds green beans with 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 425 degrees F, 15 minutes. Toss in 1/4 cup each dried cranberries and sliced almonds. Roast until the green beans are charred, 5 more minutes.
8. Green Beans with Blue Cheese Cook 1 1/2 pounds green beans in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Drain and toss with 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.
9. Garlic-Parmesan Green Beans Cook 1 1/2 pounds green beans in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes; drain. Saute 4 sliced garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until golden, 1 minute. Stir in the green beans; cook 5 more minutes. Season with salt. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
10. Green Bean Casserole Cook 2 pounds green beans in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes; drain. Saute the green beans with 1 pound sliced button mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon each minced garlic and kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice; cook 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup instant flour. Whisk in 1 cup each chicken broth and half-and-half; bring to a boil. Top with canned fried onions. Bake at 400 degrees F until bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.