21. Acorn Squash with Pepitas Halve 2 acorn squash; slice into 1-inch-thick wedges. Toss with 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon each smoked paprika and kosher salt. Roast at 425 degrees F, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons pepitas and roast 5 more minutes. Season with salt.
22. Maple Acorn Squash Halve 2 acorn squash; slice into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Toss with 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 teaspoons Sriracha and 6 thyme sprigs; season with salt. Roast at 400 degrees F, 35 minutes.
23. Parmesan Acorn Squash Halve 2 acorn squash; slice into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan and salt. Roast at 425 degrees F, 30 minutes.
24. Delicata Squash with Streusel Halve 1 delicata squash; slice into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Mix 1/2 cup each brown sugar and sliced almonds with 2 tablespoons each softened butter and flour; sprinkle over the squash. Roast at 400 degrees F, 30 minutes.
25. Maple Red Onions and Apples Cut 3 small red onions and 3 Gala apples into 1-inch-thick wedges; toss with 3 tablespoons each vegetable oil and maple syrup, 1 tablespoon thyme leaves and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Roast at 425 degrees F, 35 minutes.
26. Mushrooms with Rosemary Toss 3 pounds mixed mushroom caps with 3/4 cup olive oil on 2 rimmed baking sheets; season with salt. Add 4 crushed garlic cloves and 3 sprigs rosemary to each. Roast at 450 degrees F, 25 minutes. Add a splash of water to each baking sheet; scrape up the browned bits.
27. Bacon-Chestnut Mushrooms Cook 6 diced slices bacon in a skillet until crisp. Add 1 cup halved jarred chestnuts; cook 1 minute. Remove to a bowl. Add 2 pounds halved cremini mushrooms, 1 sprig thyme and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce to the skillet; cook until the mushrooms are tender, 10 minutes. Add a splash of cider vinegar; stir in the bacon and chestnuts.
28. Mushroom-Bacon Salad Thinly slice 1 pound button mushrooms with a mandoline. Cook 5 diced slices bacon until crisp; add 2 tablespoons each white wine vinegar and chopped chives, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss with the mushrooms, and salt and pepper.
29. Shiitakes with Edamame Saute 1 pound quartered shiitake mushroom caps in 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat, 5 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons grated ginger, and salt to taste. Cook 2 cups frozen shelled edamame in boiling water, 5 minutes. Drain and toss with the shiitakes.
30. Chipotle-Cheddar Corn Casserole Whisk 5 cups thawed frozen corn, 2 eggs, 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo, and salt and pepper; pour into a buttered 1-quart baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F, 30 minutes.