31. Salty-Sweet Snack Mix Boil 1/2 cup dark corn syrup, 1 stick butter, 1 cup dark brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon each salt and vanilla, 1 minute. Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda; toss with 3 cups each Chex cereal and oyster crackers, 2 cups mini pretzels and 1 cup nuts. Bake on 2 oiled baking sheets, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
32. Herb Snack Mix Make Salty-Sweet Snack Mix (No. 31), adding 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
33. Beer-Cheese Dip Pulse 1/2 pound cubed extra-sharp white cheddar in a food processor until finely chopped. Add 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, a pinch each of salt and sugar, and 1/2 cup pilsner beer; process until smooth.
34. Harvest Snack Mix Toss 8 cups popcorn, 1 cup each pumpkin seeds and pecans, 1/2 stick melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and salt. Bake at 350 degrees F, 20 minutes; cool. Toss with 1 cup each dried cranberries, dried apples and chocolate-covered raisins.
35. Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, two 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles, and 2 tablespoons each lime juice, horseradish and chopped cilantro. Serve with chilled cooked shrimp.
36. Creole Shrimp Cocktail Mix 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup horseradish, 2 tablespoons each Creole mustard and chopped capers, and 1 teaspoon caper brine from the jar. Serve with chilled cooked shrimp.
37. Beef Sliders Form 1 pound ground beef into 12 patties, 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle a skillet with kosher salt; cook the patties over high heat, 4 minutes per side. Put on mini buns.
38. Cheeseburger Sliders Make Beef Sliders (No. 37); melt a slice of cheddar cheese on each patty.
39. Onion Sliders Brown 1 sliced onion with 1 tablespoon each butter and chili powder, and salt to taste in a skillet over high heat until tender. Serve on Beef Sliders (No. 37).
40. Korean Sliders Marinate 1 pound skirt steak in 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon each grated ginger, mirin and sesame oil, and 4 each chopped garlic cloves and scallions, 2 hours. Sear in a hot buttered skillet, then thinly slice. Serve on 12 mini buns with mayonnaise and kimchi.