- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices hickory or applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, washed and dried in clean kitchen towels
- Salt and pepper
- A little freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- A handful dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup chicken stock
Heat a high sided skillet over medium high heat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and bacon and crisp bacon. Strip kale from stems while bacon crisps up. Coarsely chop kale and add to the pan to wilt.. Season greens with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg. Scatter in cranberries and stir in stock. Simmer greens 10 minutes over medium low heat to plump cranberries and sweeten greens.