- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, pepper, salt and sugar. Stir in the carrots, raisins and pineapple chunks. Add the crushed red pepper, if desired. Top with the chives.
Cover the slaw with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, allowing flavors to meld.