Mulled Apple Cider Cocktail
- 1 quart apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Knob of "bruised" fresh ginger
- 3 whole cloves Pinch nutmeg
- 1 firm red apple, such as Rome, Braeburn, Fuji or Royal Gala, washed, cored, skin-on and cut into small cubes
- 1 firm green apple, such as Granny Smith, washed, cored, skin-on and cut into small cubes
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle dry Cava or other dry sparkling wine
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a medium pot, over medium heat, add the cider, cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Stir to blend. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Reduce by half and taste for seasoning. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl add the apples, lemon juice and sugar. Toss to coat and add to the cider. Refrigerate. When ready to serve the cocktails, pour the cider and apple pieces into champagne flutes (about halfway) and top with the Cava. Stir and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli