1. Fresh Salsa: Soak 1/2 cup chopped white onion in cold water, 15 minutes; drain. Toss with 3 diced tomatoes, 1 diced seeded jalapeno, 1 minced garlic clove and 1/3 cup chopped cilantro. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
2. Grilled Pineapple Salsa: Grill 1 sliced pineapple until charred; chop. Make Fresh Salsa (No. 1), using only 2 tomatoes; add the grilled pineapple and 1 teaspoon grated ginger.
3. Spicy Cucumber Salsa: Make Fresh Salsa (No. 1), using 2 jalapenos total. Add 1 cup diced cucumber.
4. Hearts of Palm Salsa: Make Fresh Salsa (No. 1), adding 1 diced can hearts of palm, 1 diced avocado and 1/4 cup coconut water.
5. Cilantro Salsa: Mix 1/4 cup each chopped scallions and tomato, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 1 each minced seeded jalapeno and serrano chile, 2 tablespoons each lime juice and white vinegar, and 1/4 cup water. Add a pinch each of sugar and salt. Let sit 1 hour.
6. Plantain Salsa: Toss 2 diced sweet plantains with olive oil and salt. Roast at 400 degrees F until tender, 15 minutes; cool. Make Cilantro Salsa (No. 5); add the plantains and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
7. Cherry Tomato Salsa: Toss 1 pint quartered cherry tomatoes, 1 chopped seeded jalapeno, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons each chopped cilantro and parsley, the juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste.
8. Creamy Cucumber Salsa: Toss 2 cups diced seeded cucumber, 1/4 cup each chopped cilantro and scallions, 1 diced seeded serrano chile, 1/2 teaspoon each ancho chile powder and cumin, 1/4 cup crema, and lime juice and salt to taste.
9. Lobster Salsa: Make Creamy Cucumber Salsa (No. 8), adding 1 1/2 cups diced cooked lobster meat.
10. Black Bean Salsa: Toss 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 cup diced tomatoes, 2 diced seeded jalapenos, 1/4 cup each chopped cilantro and scallions, 1 minced garlic clove and 1 chopped chipotle in adobo sauce plus 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Add lime juice and salt to taste.