- 1 1/2 pounds squid bodies, cleaned
- Peanut oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 large bricks wrapped twice in aluminum foil
- Tamarind-Mint Dressing, recipe follows
- Chopped fresh mint
Heat grill to high heat. Brush squid with oil on both sides and season with salt and white pepper. Place the squid on the grill close together and lay the bricks over the squid. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on 1 side, remove bricks, turn the squid over and place the bricks back on the squid and continue grilling for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the squid from the grill, place on a platter and immediately drizzle with the Tamarind-Mint Dressing. Garnish with chopped mint.
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
Combine tamarind, vinegar, orange juice, mint, mustard and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning.