Guacamole with Cumin Dusted Tortillas
- 4 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- Cumin Dusted Tortillas, recipe follows
- Cumin Dusted Tortillas:
- Peanut oil, for deep frying
- 12 flour and/or blue corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Combine all ingredients in a molcajete and mix to a chunky consistency. Season, to taste, with salt, pepper, and cilantro. Serve immediately with cumin tortilla chips.Cumin Dusted Tortillas:
Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a high-sided saute pan to 360 degrees F.
Fry the tortillas, in batches, until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season immediately with cumin and salt.
See more guacamole recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay