Homemade Spicy Dill Pickles
- 4 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 unpeeled English cucumbers, washed, cut in 1/2 horizontally then quartered lengthwise
Combine the vinegar, honey, pepper flakes, peppercorns, coriander, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin and salt in a medium non-reactive saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes; remove from the heat and let sit until cooled to room temperature. Add the dill and cilantro. Place the cucumber in a medium bowl and pour the cooled vinegar mixture over them. Refrigerate, covered for 24 hours or up to 4 days.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.