Bratwurst and Onions in Beer
- 3 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle amber beer
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- A few grinds black pepper
- 6 uncooked bratwurst
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 6 potato rolls
Prepare a charcoal grill.
Add the bratwurst and simmer gently until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove the bratwurst and set aside. Strain the poaching liquid reserving the onions. Let cool. Remove the bay leaf, add crushed red pepper, olive oil, and chopped fresh parsley. Set aside to use as a relish.
Place the bratwurst on the grill and cook over medium-high until charred. Butter the rolls and toast on the grill just before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Beer Bratwursts, Mixed Sausages Braised in Sauerkraut, Hard Cider, Apples and Onions, Sliced Sirloin Smothered in Onions, with Roquefort Potato Pie and Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing, Barbecuing, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.