Couscous with Spiced Almonds
- Spice Almonds:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
To prepare the almonds, heat the butter in a saute pan over medium heat until it is melted and bubbling. Add the almonds, cumin, turmeric, coriander, paprika, and salt. Saute until the almonds start to brown and the spices smell very fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
To prepare the couscous, heat the stock in a saucepan over high heat until boiling, then season with salt and pepper. Place the couscous in a large bowl, pour the hot stock over the couscous, and cover with foil. Let stand until the stock is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop the cooled almonds. When the couscous has absorbed the stock, fluff with a fork, add the almonds, and mix well. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.