Carrot and Almond Couscous
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest grated and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and stir in the salt, cumin, ginger and paprika.
Bring the vegetable stock to a simmer over medium heat then pour over the couscous. Cover bowl with a large plate or plastic wrap and leave for 10 minutes or until it has absorbed all the stock. Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
Stir in the parsley, cilantro, carrots, apricots, almonds. Stir in the olive oil and grated lemon and orange zest and juice to add zing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipes written by Danny Boome - All Rights Reserved by Crash Bang Boome Production LLC