Shaved Fennel and Green Apple Salad with Orange Dressing and Ricotta Salata
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 navel oranges, juiced
- 1/2 navel orange, zested
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Couple pinches salt
- About 15 to 20 grinds black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, shaved with a knife or mandoline (about 2 to 3 cups), fronds reserved and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices, then cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 -pound ricotta salata, shaved
Combine dressing ingredients in a sealable container and shake to emulsify.
Combine shaved fennel, some of the fronds, and apple in a mixing bowl and toss. Toss the salad with the dressing. Distribute between serving plates. Top with shaved cheese and scatter a few more chopped fennel fronds over the top. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.