Haricots Verts and Horseradish Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds of fresh haricots verts
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 pound chopped crispy bacon
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the beans for 2 minutes. Remove the beans from the water and shock in an ice bath. Drain the beans and pat dry. In a mixing bowl, whisk the horseradish, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, and garlic. Season the mixture with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Toss the haricots verts with the horseradish mixture. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. To serve, mound the beans on a platter. Using a knife, chop or slice the hard boil eggs. Sprinkle the eggs and bacon over the salad. Garnish the salad with the parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.