- 4 strips bacon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 dozen oysters, shucked, liquor and bottom shells reserved
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the bacon on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut each strip into 6 equal portions, for a total of 24 pieces.
Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
Place the reserved oyster shells on a large sheet pan and place 1 oyster inside of each. Spoon a small amount of oyster liquor onto each oyster, top with 1 teaspoon of the flavored butter and 1 bacon piece. Bake until bubbly and firm, about 15 minutes.
Remove the oysters from the oven. Arrange 4 oysters on each of 4 plates and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2003