- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced onions, about 2 1/2 pounds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 1/2 cups medium diced eggplant, unpeeled, about 1 pound
- 2 1/2 cups medium diced zucchini, unpeeled, about 1 pound
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and chopped fresh tomatoes, about 2 pounds
- 3 medium red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and thinly sliced, about 1 1/2 pounds
In a large Dutch oven, with a lid, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until wilted, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid as evaporated and the vegetables are very soft, about 30 minutes. Taste and season if necessary. Serve with the salt cod.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.