Spicy Cocktail Nuts
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups assorted shelled nuts ( walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg white and water until frothy. Add the nuts and toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, Essence, cayenne, and salt. Add to the nuts and stir to coat evenly. Spread the nuts on the prepared pan and bake until dry, about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir to separate. Let cool on the baking sheet. Serve warm or at room temperature.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container. Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.