- 1 pound sliced mixed mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 cups frozen brown rice (or prepared brown rice)
- 1 cup sprouts (optional)
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Combine the mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, walnuts, half of the garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl; toss, then divide between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender and browned in spots, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the beans, the remaining garlic, the lemon juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup water in a blender; puree until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse until just combined.
Heat the brown rice as the label directs. Divide among plates and top with the roasted vegetables, bean puree and sprouts.
Per serving: Calories 549; Fat 19 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 542 mg; Carbohydrate 82 g; Fiber 12 g; Protein 17 g
Photograph by Justin Walker