Apricot and Chicken Bruschetta
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 5 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces roasted chicken breast, cooled and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces (about 5 slices) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the bread into 10 slices, each about 1/2-inch thick. Brush the bread slices with the olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp and golden. Cool to room temperature.
Spread each slice of the toasted bread with the apricot preserves then place a slice of the cheese on top. Arrange the sliced chicken on top of the cheese. Cut each piece of prosciutto in half and place on top of the chicken. Transfer the bruschetta to a serving platter. Drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008