- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon or whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, beaten
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, halved lengthwise
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt
Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet liberally with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
Honey-Mustard: In a small serving bowl, mix together the honey and mustard until smooth. Set aside.
Breading: In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and 1 tablespoon salt. In a second medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and hot sauce. In a third medium bowl, mix together the cornmeal, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and then into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg mixture to drip off and coat the chicken in the cornmeal mixture. Arrange the breaded chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, to taste. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 to 17 minutes.
Arrange the chicken on a platter and serve the honey-mustard alongside.