- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-balsamic vinegar (can be found in gourmet and specialty food stores)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- One 4-ounce chocolate bar with bacon pieces, such as Vosges, roughly chopped (can be found in gourmet and specialty food stores)
- Special equipment: a 1- to 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
For the croutons: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Drizzle the bread with olive oil. Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out pieces of the bread and place on a baking sheet. Bake until crispy and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the raspberries, oil, chocolate-balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Place the wedges of lettuce on 4 plates and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Top with the chopped chocolate and croutons before serving.