Guacamole de Molcajete
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not[ tested this recipe in the proportions indicated, and, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.]
- 1 large garlic clove
- 12 leaves cilantro
- 1 large ripe but firm Haas avocado
- 12 crystals rock salt
- 1 tablespoon Mexican lime juice
- 1/3 cup peeled, deseeded, finely chopped and drained cucumbers
- Freshly ground mixed peppercorns (black, green, white, pink, Szechuan)
- Round tortilla chips
- Grated cotija, as an accompaniment
Mash the garlic in the bottom of the molcajete (lava-stone mortar) using the rejolote (lava-stone pestle). Then crush the cilantro leaves. Mix in pulp from avocado and follow with a scattering of the rock crystals. Pour in lime juice, add cucumbers, and give a few good twists of pepper.
Stir together and serve from the molcajete (or any mixing bowl). Place a sampling onto round tortilla chips and top with a sprinkle of cotija (a white Mexican cow's milk cheese somewhat similar to Parmesan in texture).
Thank you! your flag was submitted.