Herb Chicken Stew
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken, dark and/or white meat, 1/2-inch dice
- Canola oil, to cook
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, 1/8-inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 large potatoes, washed, squared off, 1/2-inch dice (or 3 cups leftover cooked rice)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 8 sprays Fire Roasted Garlic Juice (Garlic Valley Farms 800-424-7990
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground fennel
- 2 tablespoons naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1 quart chicken stock
In a bowl, mix together the flour and paprika and dredge the chicken in the flour. Shake off excess flour. In a stock pot on high heat, coat with canola oil and brown the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and remove the chicken. In the same pot, brown the onions, carrots and celery. Season. Add the potatoes, thyme, basil, oregano, ginger, garlic, fennel, soy, and stock. Bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan. Cook until chicken is cooked, potatoes are tender, and stock is reduced by 15 to 20 percent, about 30 to 45 minutes. Check for seasoning.
PLATING: Serve in large pasta bowls with crusty bread.
BEVERAGE: Pinot noir
Thank you! your flag was submitted.