Chunky Blue Cheese and Yogurt Dip
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 ounces Greek-style yogurt, such as Fage Total
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise, such as Hellmann's
- 4 ounces sharp (mountain) Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Crudites and/or crackers, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the shallot, garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, Gorgonzola, Tabasco, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse the processor about 12 times, until the mixture is almost smooth but still a bit chunky. Add the chives and pulse two or three times, until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop. Serve with vegetables and/or crackers for dipping.
2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?, All Rights Reserved