Hot Corn with Chimichurri Butter
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 ears corn, husked
- Grated Cotija cheese, for serving, optional
- Lime wedges, for serving, optional
Place the vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a piece of cheesecloth or a kitchen towel and wring out the excess liquid. Place the mixture in a small bowl and stir in the butter.
Transfer the chimichurri butter to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape it into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until it has hardened.
Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and boil until it is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving platter. Place a disk of chimichurri butter on each ear of corn and serve sprinkled with Cotija cheese and a lime wedge on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.