- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- One 12-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 9 ounces good-quality tortilla chips, such as Donkey Chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Beerbit Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Heat up a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, and then the chili powder and cumin. Stir a few seconds, and then add the black beans. Saute until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Pile the chips high on 2 microwave-safe plates. Add the Mexican cheese and place in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese. Sprinkle the warm beans over the chips and cheese. Then ladle warm Beerbit Sauce over the top. Sprinkle some green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos and some dollops of sour cream. Serve to your guests while making an "oink" sound.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 bottle lager (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until blond, about 5 minutes. Add in the milk and beer and whisk. Simmer until thick, about 10 minutes. Then add the Sriracha and jack cheese. Remove from the heat and stir until the cheese has melted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.