Ciambotta Romana: Roman-Style Vegetables
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 bell peppers, about 1 pound, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 3/4 pound potatoes, diced
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup black Gaeta olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 small bunch basil, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch oregano
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute over high heat 4 minutes. Add the peppers, eggplant, potatoes, tomato and olives and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, add in the herbs and increase the heat. Cook, uncovered, to let extra juices evaporate and serve hot or cold.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.