Zucchini Pappardelle with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette, Arugula and Feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Big pinch gray salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 pounds zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- Cherry tomatoes (20 large or 40 small)
- 2 bunches arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta, preferably French (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives (about 3 ounces)
Preheat the broiler.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl mix the vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with the zest and pepper.
Using a mandoline, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick pappardelle turning the zucchini and slicing on 4 sides only until the seeds in the center are reached. Discard the centers.
In a small bowl combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and paprika with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the zucchini slices on a large baking sheet and brush them with the garlic mixture. Broil for 3 minutes until light brown.
Coat the cherry tomatoes with the remaining garlic mixture in a bowl. Put them on another baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until some skins pop and the tomatoes get slightly caramelized.
Put the arugula in a serving bowl and top with the zucchini and tomatoes. Drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle the feta and olives on top and serve.