- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Neelys BBQ dry rub seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, plus lemon wedges, for garnish
- 1/4 cup Neely's BBQ sauce, recipe follows
- Cocktail Sauce, recipe follows
Rinse shrimp thoroughly in cold water and place in large bowl. Mix cloves, seasoned salt, thyme, mustard, celery salt, pepper, and Neelys seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with the seasoning mixture and toss. Add lemon juice and the BBQ sauce and mix thoroughly. Cover and let marinate for 20 minutes.
Preheat grill to a medium heat. Place shrimp on grill, directly over heat. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side and fully cooked. Serve with cocktail sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
Neelys BBQ Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Neelys BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash hot sauce
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve chilled.