- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced into half moons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the garlic, green onions and yellow squash. Cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and continue to saute until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the rice. Add the broth, bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 10 minutes longer.
Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Stir in the cilantro and mint.