- 1 cups watercress leaves, shredded or chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish or sweet red pepper relish
- 8 sliced pumpernickel or marble bread
- 1/2 pound your choice of: Muenster, Havarti with dill or Leyden (Gouda with cumin seeds), thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. Make 4 sandwiches of sliced cheese, chopped greens and relish, distributing the ingredients evenly among them. Butter the outsides of the sammies with softened butter and cook in preheated pan until golden and cheese has melted.