- 1/4 cup soy paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Vietnamese garlic chili sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced julienne
- 4 heads broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, medium diced
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and medium diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, core removed, bottom half sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices and the rest medium diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a small bowl, combine soy paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut butter, and garlic chili sauce and set aside briefly.
For the rice, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepot and add rice, salt and butter. Return to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
In a wok heat 2 or 3 cups water to boiling and blanch carrots, broccoli, and celery for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside briefly, then rinse and dry wok.
In the same wok, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat and saute onion until translucent. Add blanched carrots, broccoli, and celery, as well as snow peas, bell pepper and diced pineapple (reserving the pineapple slices). Stir in mixture of soy/sesame/peanut butter/chili sauce. Cook vegetables until tender stirring frequently.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.