Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Jalapeno-Papaya Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus 2 tablespoons
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Prepare one cup of quinoa according to package directions. When cooked, stir in 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Cover and set aside.
Halve bacon slices crosswise and wrap slices around 1 pound of the sea scallops. Secure with wooden picks, if necessary.
Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add all the scallops and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Place skillet in oven and bake 5 minutes, until scallops are cooked through (opaque).
Remove 2 cooked scallops from the pan and reserve in refrigerator for another recipe Serve remaining scallops with quinoa and papaya sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse