Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Jalapeno-Papaya Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus 2 tablespoons
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Prepare one cup of quinoa according to package directions. When cooked, stir in 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Cover and set aside.
Halve bacon slices crosswise and wrap slices around 1 pound of the sea scallops. Secure with wooden picks, if necessary.
Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add all the scallops and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Place skillet in oven and bake 5 minutes, until scallops are cooked through (opaque).
Remove 2 cooked scallops from the pan and reserve in refrigerator for another recipe Serve remaining scallops with quinoa and papaya sauce.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller, 2006
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Brianna Jenkins