Slow Cooker Moroccan Brisket with Red Onions and Apricot Couscous
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 pound boneless beef brisket
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup whole dried apricots
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Arrange onion wedges and parsnips in bottom of slow cooker. Season beef all over with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, and nutmeg. Rub spice mixture all over beef. Arrange beef over onions and parsnips in slow cooker. Arrange apricots around beef.
In a small bowl, whisk together wine, broth and honey. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.