Spider's Nest Dip
- 2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) can black refried beans
- 1 (12-ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chunky salsa (from your grocery's deli section)
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 cup guacamole (from your grocery's deli section)
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 to 6 bags blue tortilla chips
Spread a thin layer of refried beans in the bottom of a microwaveable serving dish. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Heat dish in microwave for 1 minute, until cheese is slightly melted.
To decorate the top, spoon a medium sized dollop of sour cream in the center. This is the spider's "nest."
Spoon the rest of the sour cream into an air-tight bag. Cut a very small piece out of 1 of the bottom corners of the bag and, starting at the outer edge of the dip, pipe a thin circle around the perimeter. Create another circle half way between the perimeter circle and the center dollop, creating 3 circles.
Using a knife blade, toothpick or skewer, drag a thin line of the sour cream from the "nest" outward toward the edge of the dish. Continue making lines all around the "nest" to complete the spider web design. Position whole black beans onto the sour cream "web."
Embellish with plastic decorative spiders. Serve with a bowl of blue tortilla chips, and watch your guests scurry to get a bite!
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee